With everything that is going on in the world our trees are a constant and play a significant role in our environment at reducing erosion and controlling the climate. They remove carbon dioxide from the air and store the large quantities of carbon in their tissues. Trees and forests through out the world provide a home for many species of animals and plants. Tropical rain forests are among the most bio diverse habitats in the world. Trees provide shade and shelter during sunny days, timber for construction, fuel for cooking and heating, and many different kinds of fruit for food as well as having many other uses. Sadly, In many parts of the world, forests are shrinking as trees are cleared to increase land available for building. With that in mind, here are 10 facts about trees from a tree service company that should want us to keep them around for as long as possible.
10 Facts about our Trees.
1) Believe it or not, trees are the basis of sustaining life on earth.
2) Trees absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen by Photosynthesis. They are one of the biggest filters we have on Earth for purifying the air.
3) They help in reducing soil erosion by binding the soil to their roots.
4) Trees absorb carbon from the atmosphere and store it in their wood and bark, thus slowing the rate of global warming.
5) Forests help in flourishing wildlife and providing shelter for thousands of species including humans.
6) Trees provide food such as fruits and nuts, a source of food for birds, animals and humans.
7) They are the main source of raw material for timber and paper industries which helps in boosting the economy.
8) Trees act as natural air conditioners by reducing heat up to 8–10 °C, thus cooling the environment.
9) Neem is the common tree which helps in purifying the atmosphere by killing the harmful organism.
10) Did you know Amazon Rain Forest is the ‘Lung of Earth’ because it contributes the most in the production of oxygen?
Most times, we never give a thought to our trees or how to take care for them. Without proper care eventually they die. It doesn’t take much to care for a tree. Depending on the size and age of a tree will determine how much care it will need.
As long as the tree can get the sunshine and water it needs, it should be fine. However, it is important to check once a year to make sure the tree isn’t infected or gotten some open wounds to cause some type of disease or fungus to grow. Often times a certified tree service company is very knowledgeable in this area and can help determine if this is the case. If the tree is infected and has not been address early enough, it’s possible a tree removal would be necessary.
Trees add character to our cities and towns, let’s try to take care of them the way they take care of us.
Tampa Tree Pros
625 E Twiggs St #1018,
Tampa, FL 33602